The educators in our schools will participate in professional development that energizes and bonds them to each other in reaching the highest goals of their profession. The purpose is to encourage enthusiasm, motivation, and collaboration among the teachers and in turn reduce feelings of isolation. By involving teachers in their own learning experiences, professional practice will be enhanced. Future visitors to our schools will see staff engaged in professional development and growth that is supported with the time and funding provided by the Bellmawr School District.
15-16 Bellmawr Learning Community Goals:
•To improve communication with all stakeholders
• Promote articulation with the regional school district
• Increase parent participation and involvement in scholastic activities
•To establish an Early Childhood Center, summer enrichment and extension program, implement C.A.R.E.
•To continue with Technology improvements
•To increase academic achievement in Reading, Writing,
Mathematics and Science
• English Language Arts: Implementation of a Language arts series that is aligned to the Common core: Benchmark
•Mathematics: Investigate moving from Everyday Math to a program that is more Common Core specific
• Science: Investigate programs that address STEM and the new Science guidelines
• Create a standard vehicle for the collection and analysis of student achievement data
•Professional development to accompany above
•English Language Learner program improvements
•To maintain best practices in fiscal responsibility by exploring additional shared service agreements.
For more information, please contact:
Annette Castiglione, Superintendent of Schools.